New World provides superior consulting and support services to Non-profits, B-Corps, Social Enterprises and commercial organizations intent on making a positive, measureable difference and also be economically sustainable. We help organizations scale their impact thru change management, capacity-building, organizational strategy, communicating needs and progress with internal and external stakeholders.
Organizations, with whom we partner, face one or more of these questions:
- What, exactly, are we doing? (Opportunity identification, Business planning and strategy)
- Why are we doing this? (Mission planning and end-game strategies)
- Do we all agree on the problem to be solved and are we working together to solve it? (Organizational alignment)
- How do we make a difference in an increasingly complex and uncertain world? (Adaptive leadership)
- Do we have what we need to solve the problem? (Human, financial, network, social and knowledge capital)
- How can we do more for less? (Organizational efficiency and effectiveness)
- How do we know we are making a difference? (Impact measurement and Assessment for effectiveness)
- How do we grow the organization without burning out? (Sustainability)
Some of our partners are so busy delivering on mission that have not had time or energy to be strategic. Others know that what they are currently doing is becoming less effective, but need support and encouragement to envision a different future. Our job is to listen empathically, observe carefully, research thoroughly and then, engage effectively and truthfully. We respect organizations humble enough to admit they "don't have it altogether" and also courageous enough about the impact they seek to make necessary changes.
Scott Lawson is the principal consultant at New World. He brings a wide range and depth of experience, along with great passion, to the work of transforming social purpose organizations. He has worked in higher educations institutions, is an ordained pastor (Presbyterian Church USA) and also served for 8 years as CEO of SOW Asia, a Hong Kong based non-profit foundation investing in non-profit and for-profit social purpose organizations. In that position, he mentored hundreds of organizations across the Asian region and conceived and built the first accelerator program for high potential social enterprises in Hong Kong. While at SOW Asia, Scott also forged strong public-private partnerships with the Government of Hong Kong S.A.R. and J.P. Morgan Global Philanthropy, among others. He also worked with some of Asia's progressive philanthropists. Since returning to the U.S. in 2016 he has taught Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Future Generations University (primarily to students in E. Africa and SE Asia), provided consulting support to UNC-Chapel Hill where he serves on the Social Innovation Task Force in addition to his consulting work. Having served as the leader of non-profits, on Boards, as a volunteer, teacher, student, mentor and consultant both in the U.S. and abroad, Scott understands the unique, evolving climate "organizations for good" must navigate to be successful..
Scott is a frequent speaker and is available to share with your organization on topics related to the future of philanthropy, society, social innovation and entrepreneurship.
New World has a network of consultants and domain experts who can be called upon to help you with specific or technical issues around legal, accounting, I.T., fundraising issues.